Forgiveness

Monday, February 1, 2010 by Unknown
Elusive and transient, yet strong and seemingly eternal. People who know me well know that I quite often get into what can only be called a towering fury, and retribution is deemed swift and devastating, rash and impulsive decisions formulate themselves in my mind to pacify the anger and justify the imbalance.

And then, just in the nick of time I stop myself from uttering words or doing things that otherwise will cause people more pain than I will ever have had undergone or will by withholding the anger.

And that's what saves me, every single time. Forgiveness. Nothing else, but that tiny little feeling that I get when I forgive someone.
Posted in | 3 Comments »

3 comments:

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

There are some things which can't be forgiven just like that. If you become too submissive, people will eat you up in the end. Stay independent. Don't depend on other people's good graces all the time. I learnt that lesson the hard way but you don't have to :)

Unknown said...

Ah, yes, there are always exceptions eh?

geeta said...

Is it forgiveness or is it sound anger management? whatever it is, its special and must be preserved. its honorable as it pivots on concern about hurting the other. nice!