The Maldivian Dream

Monday, February 11, 2008 by Unknown
People who know me know a part of me. Not everyone knows whole. That's how people are made... how people know each other. There's a professional me, there's an amateur me... there's even a creative me and a geeky me. The really annoying, irritating geeky me. There are me's that even I don't know about... and some me's that I'm afraid of, and angry with.

But that's all part of life. We live life thinking we live life, but it's more the other way. Life lives us. Just like that, all those me's express themselves through... er, me. People might think that I have this multiple personality disorder, but then, even I think that might be true. Usually when I think of me in terms of me, I think of me in me's.

Probably because I don't want to be held accountable... take responsibility... or rather, not accept those things I do that I do without forethought and has extreme repercussions.

Denial.

I'm sitting on this anthill you see... and I'm trying to deny that particularly painful truth because I like this mosquito-infested graveyard on this particular section of stinky beach that opens out into a seaweed-choked lagoon... because I can see the sunset from here. But mainly, because Dhiraagu's wifi signal reaches here.

So what... that's the truth of it. It's life. It's my life. I could be sitting at home watching TV or listening to hot pieces of who-did-what-when-where gossip pieces from Mom, but I chose to be here. I like this place.

To someone who was brought up to be completely dependent on institutions like family, this is a dream in a very real sense. I always wanted to be alone, to enjoy life, as it should be.
Posted in | 0 Comments »

No comments: